Google is one of the most popular email providers in the world, meaning it’s a good bet that many of the people you know will have an email address through Gmail. But what if you want to find someone’s Gmail and you only have their name? Google doesn’t provide the option to lookup a person on Gmail through their name, but there are still other options to find a Gmail address for someone. Here are the three that are most likely to work for you.
Plug Their Name into a Search Engine
People often put their email addresses online, and if the person you’re looking for has done so, then you can likely find their Gmail address through a quick search. Start by searching for the person’s first and last name, plus the word “Gmail”.
If that doesn’t work, try entering any more information you have on the person that could narrow things down and get you more precise results. A phone number, a current address and any usernames they’ve had before could all come in handy here.
You could come across a directory site that collects assorted data about different people. Or, if the person has their own website for personal or business reasons, you may be able to track down their Gmail address through that site, either on the website itself or by viewing the email address used to register that domain.
Search for them on FreeBackgroundCheck.org
- FreeBackgroundcheck.org does exactly what its title indicates. It pulls up a detailed background report on a person with all kinds of useful information. Using FreeBackgroundCheck.org, you can search by name to find an email address and anything else you may want to know. Here’s how:
- Go to the site’s homepage and type the person’s first and last name into the search fields. If you know their city and state, enter those as well.
- Look for the person from the list of results. There may be just one result listed, but if the person has a common name, then there could be several results to sort through.
- Select the report for the right person and go through the account registration process.
There are other search options available, as well. For example, if you have the person’s phone number, you could also search by that to find them.
Find them on Facebook or LinkedIn
Social media can be a valuable tool for looking up information on a person, although this depends on what information the person has chosen to share about themselves. To find out what someone’s Gmail is through their social media, both of the following must be true:
- The person needs to have connected that Gmail account to one of their social media accounts.
- The person needs to have made their email address public on that social network (or visible to their connections if you’re connected to them on that network).
You’re most likely to locate an email address on either Facebook or LinkedIn, because both these networks encourage users to list their email addresses as part of their profiles. Other social networks, such as Instagram and Twitter, don’t have a field for email addresses on user profiles. Someone could still choose to include their email address in their profile, but most users don’t bother.
Locating a Gmail Address
Keep in mind that just because Google is a popular email provider, that doesn’t mean everyone is on Gmail. You may end up finding an email address with another provider for a person.
If you have any other method to contact the person, simply asking them for their email is a good idea. If you can’t get in touch with them or you don’t want them to know that you’re looking for their Gmail, then any of the methods listed above could help you score that information. Go through each method to increase your chances of success, and if you can’t find anything, get creative with your search terms and the information you enter about the person.